Sure, you can learn to shape on your own by trial and error, which can be frustrating at times, or you can have someone guiding you along the way. With the help of a professional by your side, your board will come out looking and riding great. Along with books and DVD’s, the Foam E-Z Professional Shaping Lessons are another way to educate board builders of every level.
- Shape lessons are $60/hr.
- Average shape lesson for a Shortboard or Fish is four (4) hours. Mini-Simmons, Guns, and Longboards can take upwards of five (5) hours.
- You can bring your buddy, dad, sister, brother, mother, or anyone you’d like to watch at no extra cost.
- Shape lessons are great for school projects.
- Every lesson is tailored to suit each student’s needs and interests.
- At the end of the lesson, each student will have learned about board design, functionality, basic and advanced shaping techniques.
- All students will walk away with a functional and aesthetically pleasing custom surfboard to be proud of.
- Shaping lessons are for everyone!
- Blanks sold separately (starting at $45.00).
- Paint your board yourself or have us professionally paint it.
- We can print custom logos for you starting at $20.00. Just provide us a high-quality PDF or Jpeg.
- Glass your shaped blank yourself or have us professionally glass it (starting at $200).
- Here is a breakdown of the out the door price of building a shortboard thruster (sand only) complete including your lesson: US Blanks Short Board Blank $60.00; Four Hour Shape Lesson $240; Professional Glassjob $210; GRAND TOTAL $510.00
- For shapers needing a legit professional shape room to crank out a board or two, the E-Z Shape Box is available to rent by the hour or the day. The Box is furnished with all the tools necessary for shaping your stick. The cost is $10.00/hr, gives you access to ALL shape tools including the Hitachi Modified Planer. When you buy a blank you get the first hour in the E-Z Shape Box FREE. If we glass your board you get the ALL shape time in the E-Z Shape Box FREE. Contact us to make an appointment.
Currently, we are offering Shaping Lessons on Tuesdays/Wednesdays at 11am and Saturdays at 10:30am.
Click here to view the E-Z ShapeBox Calendar for available dates.
For more information or to schedule a Shape Lesson or Rent the Box email us at Shape@FoamEZ.com