This is the one and only Makita Modification Kit created by Casica Tech. Convert your stock Makita KP0810 into a surfboard shaping planer. This planer was selected over other models since it is the only planer available that has sliding front shoe like a Skil 100 and is entirely made in Japan. The shoe feature provides smooth tapered cuts and ease of starting cuts since the bottom opening of the cutters is variable width, not a fixed opening as other planers where the shoe moves only up/down. Kit advantages: The Makita KP0810 Planer is available worldwide, so customers can purchase the planer in their country’s voltage; no converter needed. There is no other shaping planer or kit worldwide available like this. For domestic customers the kit has a cost advantage, but they should read all the instructions first and determine if they can install it properly. See PDF Instructions for self installation of kit (below). Vacuum Port sold separately.
Here is a list of the modifications:
– Depth control: Zero to 1/8” max depth in 1/4 turn of knob (90°). This is done using a
redesigned cam made of Delrin plastic which is a hard, self-lubricating bearing material.
The knob is an actual Skil 100 type (early version) and related parts are CNC machined
– Rear handle: This is made from a Skilsaw HD handle which is the same angle as the
Skil 100 planer. Sheet metal brackets are laser cut and machine formed.
– Blades: Blades are reversible, never need sharpening or adjustment, and are made of
– Dust control: The exhaust port can be set (only once) to left or right side. An optional
vacuum elbow is available which will accept hoses with 1-1/2” inside diameter. The
elbow can be also used without a vac system to direct dust downward.
– Static discharge protection: An optional 3-wire grounded cord assembly is available to
prevent static shocks when using a vacuum system. Standard is the factory 2-wire
double-insulated electrical safety cord.
PDF Self-Installation of Modification Kit